Your donations help support ChLA grants and research!
To encourage high standards of criticism, scholarship, research, and teaching in children’s literature.
To read about the ChLA history, please click the link below.
In an effort to preserve the history of the organization and to increase the visibility of its records by making them accessible to scholars in a research library, the ChLA Executive Board named the de Grummond Children’s Literature Collection as the permanent home for the Association's archives in 2009.
The de Grummond Children’s Literature Collection is located in McCain Library and Archives on the campus of the University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg. Founded in 1966 by Dr. Lena Y. de Grummond, the Collection holds the original manuscripts and illustrations for over 1,300 authors and illustrators from the mid-nineteenth century to the present day. Included in its holdings are over 160,000 printed volumes from 1530 to the present.
Materials from the ChLA archive are available to both on-site and remote patrons by contacting the de Grummond Collection at (601) 266-4349 or http://www.lib.usm.edu/degrummond