The Publicity Committee oversees and updates annually, or more often if warranted, the ChLA website and produces printed publicity materials for ChLA.
Composition of the Committee
The Publicity Committee consists of two to four rotating members plus a chair, all appointed by the President with the approval of the Executive Board. Terms of service are for three years.
Publicity Committee Members
Chair: Joe Sutliff Sanders, Kansas State University, 2014-2016, 2017-2018
Paige Gray, University of Southern Mississippi, 2015-2018
Amanda Allen, Eastern Michigan University, 2015-2018
Joseph Michael Sommers, Central Michigan University, 2016-2019
YouTube Submission Requests - CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION
The ChLA Publicity Committee considers all submissions for publication through ChLA's YouTube channel. Videos with these characteristics are more likely to receive approval:
- Videos must be sponsored by a member of ChLA, though the sponsoring member need not necessarily have been involved in the production of the video.
- For videos using the likenesses of any individuals, the creators of the video will be required to provide proof of permission for the reproduction of those likenesses. See below for our standard permission form. The creators of approved videos will be asked for these permission forms after the video has been approved by the Publicity Committee. Permission forms are required before the Publicity Committee reviews the video.
- The ideal video will be shot in HD video with a 16:9 aspect ratio (1280 x 720 or 1080 x 1920 screen dimensions).
- Ideal formats are .mov, .mp4, and .wmv.
- Make sure that throughout the shooting of the video, your camera is steady (a tripod is all but indispensable).
- For audio, use an external microphone, not just the microphone installed in the camera. Ideally, the audio portion should use 44.1 kHz sample rate, 16 bit minimum.
- Remember that each approved video will be "wrapped" with the association's branding. This means that there are 2-3 seconds of stock video that, after we approve your video, we will add to the beginning and ending of every video posted on the channel. This video will include the association's logo and URL. Keep that in mind as you consider your opening and closing.
- There is no required maximum length of videos.
- All videos must adhere to fair use.